A Multitude of Angels (1/2)
As announced via a flyer distributed at recent solo concerts in Europe:
“A Multitude of Angels” is the title of a new set with recordings from a series of solo concerts in Italy in October 1996. It documents Keith Jarrett’s long-form improvisations from Modena, Ferrara, Torino and Genova.”
“A Multitude of Angels” will officially be released in October 2016, but it is already listed on Amazon Japan with a release date of September 21, 2016.
At this point, it is unclear if any of the encores (e.g. “Over The Rainbow”, “Mon Coeur Est Rouge”, or “Danny Boy”) will be included in the set.
Thanks to Matthias, Michal, Timo, Thorsten, and Sascha for the information/scans!
A Multitude of Angels (2/2)
“Creation” and “Samuel Barber/Béla Bartók” will be released on May 8, 2015, to mark Keith Jarrett’s 70th birthday. The covers and tracklists are now available on Amazon.
- Pt. I, Toronto – Roy Thomson Hall, June 25, 2014
- Pt. II, Tokyo – Kioi Hall, May 9, 2014
- Pt. III, Paris – Salle Pleyel, July 4, 2014
- Pt. IV, Rome – Auditorium Parco Della Musica, July 11, 2014
- Pt. V, Tokyo – Kioi Hall, May 9, 2014
- Pt. VI, Tokyo – Orchard Hall, May 6, 2014
- Pt. VII, Rome – Auditorium Parco Della Musica, July 11, 2014
- Pt. VIII, Rome – Auditorium Parco Della Musica, July 11, 2014
- Pt. IX, Tokyo – Orchard Hall, April 30, 2014
“Samuel Barber/Béla Bartók” cover
- Samuel Barber – Piano Concerto op. 38 – 1. Allegro Appassionato
- Samuel Barber – Piano Concerto op. 38 – 2. Canzone. Moderato
- Samuel Barber – Piano Concerto op. 38 – 3. Allegro Molto
- Béla Bartók – Piano Concerto No. 3 – 1. Allegretto
- Béla Bartók – Piano Concerto No. 3 – 2. Adagio Religioso
- Béla Bartók – Piano Concerto No. 3 – 3. Allegro Vivace
- Nothing But The Truth (Tokyo Encore / Live At Kan-I Hoken Hall, Tokyo / 1985)
Thanks to David for the links!
Update (April 1, 2015). I haven’t been able to check this myself, but samples from “Creation” and “Samuel Barber/Béla Bartók” are now available on iTunes (in Germany, at least). Thanks to Helmut and Sascha for the information.
According to the New York Times:
“Mr. Jarrett turns 70 in May. To mark the occasion, ECM has scheduled two releases: a classical album and an album of solo inventions.”
More information can be found in an article by JazzEcho, where it is mentioned that both albums should be released on May 8, 2015. The first one, entitled “Creation”, includes nine pieces from six solo concerts recorded in 2014 in Tokyo, Toronto, Paris, and Rome. The second one, entitled “Samuel Barber/Béla Bartók”, includes compositions by Barber and Bartók, recorded in 1984-85 with the German Radio Philharmonic Orchestra Saarbrücken Kaiserslautern (directed by Dennis Russell Davies) and with the New Japan Philharmonic (directed by Kazuyoshi Akiyama).
Thanks to Helmut and Christoph for the links.
“Hamburg ’72” cover
“Hamburg ’72” will be released on November 21 in Germany, November 24 in France, the UK and the US, and December 3 in Japan. Samples are available from Amazon and JPC, among others.
The tracklist is as follows:
- Rainbow (9:52)
- Everything That Lives Laments (9:44)
- Piece For Ornette (9:32)
- Take Me Back (8:07)
- Life, Dance (2:59)
- Song For Che (15:08)
Which means that only the second set will be included on the album, unfortunately.
Thanks to Matthias, Johann Heinrich, Håvard, and Larry for the links and information.