“Creation” and “Samuel Barber/Béla Bartók” will be released on May 8, 2015, to mark Keith Jarrett’s 70th birthday. The covers and tracklists are now available on Amazon.
- Pt. I, Toronto – Roy Thomson Hall, June 25, 2014
- Pt. II, Tokyo – Kioi Hall, May 9, 2014
- Pt. III, Paris – Salle Pleyel, July 4, 2014
- Pt. IV, Rome – Auditorium Parco Della Musica, July 11, 2014
- Pt. V, Tokyo – Kioi Hall, May 9, 2014
- Pt. VI, Tokyo – Orchard Hall, May 6, 2014
- Pt. VII, Rome – Auditorium Parco Della Musica, July 11, 2014
- Pt. VIII, Rome – Auditorium Parco Della Musica, July 11, 2014
- Pt. IX, Tokyo – Orchard Hall, April 30, 2014
“Samuel Barber/Béla Bartók” cover
- Samuel Barber – Piano Concerto op. 38 – 1. Allegro Appassionato
- Samuel Barber – Piano Concerto op. 38 – 2. Canzone. Moderato
- Samuel Barber – Piano Concerto op. 38 – 3. Allegro Molto
- Béla Bartók – Piano Concerto No. 3 – 1. Allegretto
- Béla Bartók – Piano Concerto No. 3 – 2. Adagio Religioso
- Béla Bartók – Piano Concerto No. 3 – 3. Allegro Vivace
- Nothing But The Truth (Tokyo Encore / Live At Kan-I Hoken Hall, Tokyo / 1985)
Thanks to David for the links!
According to the New York Times:
“Mr. Jarrett turns 70 in May. To mark the occasion, ECM has scheduled two releases: a classical album and an album of solo inventions.”
More information can be found in an article by JazzEcho, where it is mentioned that both albums should be released on May 8, 2015. The first one, entitled “Creation”, includes nine pieces from six solo concerts recorded in 2014 in Tokyo, Toronto, Paris, and Rome. The second one, entitled “Samuel Barber/Béla Bartók”, includes compositions by Barber and Bartók, recorded in 1984-85 with the German Radio Philharmonic Orchestra Saarbrücken Kaiserslautern (directed by Dennis Russell Davies) and with the New Japan Philharmonic (directed by Kazuyoshi Akiyama).
Thanks to Helmut and Christoph for the links.
“Hamburg ’72” cover
“Hamburg ’72” will be released on November 21 in Germany, November 24 in France, the UK and the US, and December 3 in Japan. Samples are available from Amazon and JPC, among others.
The tracklist is as follows:
- Rainbow (9:52)
- Everything That Lives Laments (9:44)
- Piece For Ornette (9:32)
- Take Me Back (8:07)
- Life, Dance (2:59)
- Song For Che (15:08)
Which means that only the second set will be included on the album, unfortunately.
Thanks to Matthias, Johann Heinrich, Håvard, and Larry for the links and information.
According to an ad in the December issue of DownBeat (digital edition), ECM Records will soon release a new album, “Hamburg 72″, with Keith Jarrett, Charlie Haden, and Paul Motian. This is probably a recording of the June 14, 1972 concert recorded at NDR Studio 10 in Hamburg, broadcast at multiple occasions by Norddeutscher Rundfunk (NDR). The concert last about 90 minutes and parts of the concert were previously released on an LP called “NDR Jazz Workshop ’72”, so this could be a very interesting release.
Manfred Eicher and Jan Erik Kongshaug mention that the recording will be remixed from the original tapes.
Thanks to Peter for the information!
Update (November 4, 2014). ECM Records now features photos of Keith, Charlie, and Paul (probably from the Hamburg 1972 concert) on its home page. Thanks to Christoph for pointing it out to me.
“Last Dance” cover
Thanks a lot to Stephen from Marlbank for letting us know that another duo album with Charlie Haden will be released in June 2014. According to Marlbank:
“The material featured on the album includes ‘’Round Midnight’, ‘Dance of the Infidels’, ‘My Old Flame’, ‘My Ship’, and ‘It Might As Well Be Spring’ as well as ‘Everything Happens To Me’ and ‘Every Time We Say Goodbye.’
Alternate takes of Jasmine tracks ‘Where Can I Go Without You’ and ‘Goodbye’ also feature.”
The album is already listed on Amazon with a release date of June 17, 2014.
Update (May 4, 2014). Added album cover. Thanks to Håvard!
Update (May 16, 2014). Thanks to Håvard again for letting us know that Amazon UK now has samples for the nine tracks on “Last Dance”. The tracklist is also available.
Update (June 8, 2014). “Last Dance” will be available from Qobuz in Studio Masters quality (24 bits). It will probably also be available from HDtracks, HighResAudio, and GubeMusic. Thanks to Wookyung for the information.