Forums

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_TopicIcon
Next album, "Rio", to be released on October 25, 2011?
sp_BlogLink Read the original blog post
August 17, 2011
10:17 pm
Olivier Bruchez
Switzerland
Admin
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 305
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Keith Jarrett’s next album, a recording of the April 9, 2011 solo concert in Rio de Janeiro, is now listed on Amazon (US, UK, and France). It will apparently be released on October 25, 2011 and will simply be called “Rio”. It is also interesting to note that it is going to be a 2-CD set (meaning that it will include the entire concert?). Thanks to Olivier for this information!

Update (August 29, 2011). According to Amazon Germany, “Rio” will be released on October 1, 2011. Thanks to Jonas for letting me know!

Update (September 1, 2011). Amazon now has the cover art for “Rio”. Also, the release date for the US is apparently October 18, 2011.

Update (September 30, 2011). The release dates for “Rio” on Amazon are now: October 19 (Japan), October 25 (France), November 4 (Germany), November 7 (UK), and November 8 (US).

August 27, 2011
1:17 am
fahgou
Brazil
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm very happy I'll have the chance to listen to this concert soon. I'm a big fan of Keith,  and my wife and I went to see him play at São Paulo on april 6, one day after my aniversary. My wife gave me the the tickets as a birthday gift. The next day after the concert I decided I was going to buy 2 more tickets and fly to Rio with my wife to see him play again, but unfortunately the concert was totaly sold out. One thing that makes me wonder is that Keith mentioned in an 2009 interview that he intended to release the Naples solo concert, but that didn't happen yet. I also read in a brazilian  paper that interviewed Keith some days before his arrival here that he recently recorded some Bach's sonatas for violin and piano with Michelle Makarski, so we may expect a classical album from him soon.

Forum Timezone: UTC 2

Most Users Ever Online: 292

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Jonny J Jonson: 23

Squishy: 17

bonsaitreehugger: 7

KJBerlin09: 6

jazzyjuan: 6