Forums

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_TopicIcon
Trio concerts in Montreal, Rome, and Lyon in July 2010
sp_BlogLink Read the original blog post
March 16, 2010
11:21 pm
Olivier Bruchez
Switzerland
Admin
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 305
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

ECM Records has updated their Musicians on tour page. The list includes three concerts (with Gary Peacock and Jack DeJohnette) that I haven't announced yet:

• July 3, 2010: Place des Arts, Montreal, QC, Canada (Festival International de Jazz)
  • July 18, 2010: Auditorium Parco della Musica, Rome, Italy
  • July 23, 2010: Grand Théâtre de Fourvière, Lyon, France (Les Nuits de Fourvière)

Check out the Forthcoming events page for more concerts.

June 29, 2010
3:47 pm
Jazz amateur
Members
Forum Posts: 1

Bonjour à tous,

Nous cherchons deux places pour le concert de Lyon le 23/07 à Fourvières dans les théâtres romains.

Si vous avez deux places à revendre, nous serions intéressés.

Merci

July 8, 2010
2:06 am
Abacab
Members
Forum Posts: 1

I had the chance to see K.Jarrett and his two bandmates in Montreal. It was a first time for me and I was expecting to hear good music. I did hear not good but great music and I was very surprised by the intensity of all players.

At the end, a somewhat frustrated Jarrett told the audience that because of a photograph taken by someone, they were leaving.  

I also read more about Jarrett and his reaction to un-cooperative audience. A bit like Robert Fripp from King Crimson.  I saw recently a video of Jarrett being rude to an audience in Italy about some pictures taken.

I understand the request about not wanting anyone taking pictures or making noise - but in reality, this probably happens very rarely.  I also suspect that some ppl make it a point to 'frustrate' him/the audience just because of this 'legendary' attitude.

As for me, this kind of reaction from an artist is a complete turn off. From my point of view, this attitude overshadows his talent and it belittles him. I do not think much either of the people who do not respect the request he makes at the beginning. But in reacting the way he does, he impacts those who come to hear and respect the requests... and that for me is unacceptable. 

Great piano player - but little man.  I will not 'explore' his repertoire as I intended to before by gradually purchasing his CDs. For me being an artist is a 'package' - of talent, humanity and generosity... you gain respect by being generous and humanitarian.  Maybe then ppl would stop taking pictures altogether.

Mr Jarrett is living proof that nothing is perfect... by way of his attitude (great talent but so-so attitude) .... and by way of his audience (most respect him... a few do not)... such is life.

My opinion is in no way an attempt to infuriate some of you on this forum. It is nothing more than an expression of what I 'went through' last saturday after paying over 200$ for two tickets.

From what I saw on other threads or videos, Mr Jarrett's reaction in Montreal was very mild... but nonetheless ...

Cheers.

Forum Timezone: UTC 2

Most Users Ever Online: 292

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Jonny J Jonson: 23

Squishy: 17

bonsaitreehugger: 7

KJBerlin09: 6