“Creation” and “Samuel Barber/Béla Bartók” will be released on May 8, 2015, to mark Keith Jarrett’s 70th birthday. The covers and tracklists are now available on Amazon.
- Pt. I, Toronto – Roy Thomson Hall, June 25, 2014
- Pt. II, Tokyo – Kioi Hall, May 9, 2014
- Pt. III, Paris – Salle Pleyel, July 4, 2014
- Pt. IV, Rome – Auditorium Parco Della Musica, July 11, 2014
- Pt. V, Tokyo – Kioi Hall, May 9, 2014
- Pt. VI, Tokyo – Orchard Hall, May 6, 2014
- Pt. VII, Rome – Auditorium Parco Della Musica, July 11, 2014
- Pt. VIII, Rome – Auditorium Parco Della Musica, July 11, 2014
- Pt. IX, Tokyo – Orchard Hall, April 30, 2014
“Samuel Barber/Béla Bartók” cover
- Samuel Barber – Piano Concerto op. 38 – 1. Allegro Appassionato
- Samuel Barber – Piano Concerto op. 38 – 2. Canzone. Moderato
- Samuel Barber – Piano Concerto op. 38 – 3. Allegro Molto
- Béla Bartók – Piano Concerto No. 3 – 1. Allegretto
- Béla Bartók – Piano Concerto No. 3 – 2. Adagio Religioso
- Béla Bartók – Piano Concerto No. 3 – 3. Allegro Vivace
- Nothing But The Truth (Tokyo Encore / Live At Kan-I Hoken Hall, Tokyo / 1985)
Thanks to David for the links!
According to the New York Times:
“Mr. Jarrett turns 70 in May. To mark the occasion, ECM has scheduled two releases: a classical album and an album of solo inventions.”
More information can be found in an article by JazzEcho, where it is mentioned that both albums should be released on May 8, 2015. The first one, entitled “Creation”, includes nine pieces from six solo concerts recorded in 2014 in Tokyo, Toronto, Paris, and Rome. The second one, entitled “Samuel Barber/Béla Bartók”, includes compositions by Barber and Bartók, recorded in 1984-85 with the German Radio Philharmonic Orchestra Saarbrücken Kaiserslautern (directed by Dennis Russell Davies) and with the New Japan Philharmonic (directed by Kazuyoshi Akiyama).
Thanks to Helmut and Christoph for the links.
On January 24, 2015, exactly 40 years after it took place, the “Köln Concert” will be broadcast on WDR3 (Germany), at 8 PM. The broadcast will include background information about the concert from Ian Carr and Peter Elsdon.
Thanks to Arnulf for the information.
Update (January 26, 2015). Belgian classical radio station Klara also did a program about the Köln concert and other ECM artists. It’s still available here. Thanks to Toon for the link.
Keith Jarrett will play a solo concert at Carnegie Hall in New York on March 3, 2015. Tickets will go on sale on Monday, January 5, 2015 at 11 AM.
Thanks to Cameron and Arnulf!
Update (December 30, 2014). Here’s the press release for this event.
“Hamburg ’72” cover
“Hamburg ’72” will be released on November 21 in Germany, November 24 in France, the UK and the US, and December 3 in Japan. Samples are available from Amazon and JPC, among others.
The tracklist is as follows:
- Rainbow (9:52)
- Everything That Lives Laments (9:44)
- Piece For Ornette (9:32)
- Take Me Back (8:07)
- Life, Dance (2:59)
- Song For Che (15:08)
Which means that only the second set will be included on the album, unfortunately.
Thanks to Matthias, Johann Heinrich, Håvard, and Larry for the links and information.